In this video, we are reminded that behind every desire, craving, dream and yearning, Jesus is there. He is the one who we seek when we dream of happiness, when nothing is fully satisfying or fulfilling or when we are attracted to beauty. This resource helps remind teens that Jesus will lead to ultimate happiness and following Him helps make the world more human.
What do our hearts truly desire? In seemingly endless pursuits of love and happiness, will we ever truly find fulfillment?
Watch the video one time through and pay attention to your initial thoughts and reactions to it. Watch it a second time and use the following questions to guide you in a personal reflection.
- Do you see your children seeking happiness? What things do they think will make them happy
- Have you set an example in your home of the happiness of knowing and following Jesus Christ? How have you done this? Where can you improve?
- Do you truly believe that Jesus is the only one who will satisfy all your desires? Why or why not?
- Do you see your children seeking to do great things? What things are they seeking to do?
- Do you allow your child to follow their own dreams or do you pressure them to do things that you think are great?
- How can you lead your child to being more thankful for what they have and serve those who go without?